Ixworth Cycle Races
Save the date! After a 2 year absence, Ixworth Cycle Races will return on Monday 2 May 2022.
Entries are open now on the British Cycling website here.
The 2022 race programme is as follows:
- 12:00 Senior & Junior men 4th Cat Regional C+ (40 mins)
- 12:55 Youth C, Under 12 Boys and Girls (15 mins)
- 13:30 Senior & Junior Women, Categories 2, 3, 4 (40 mins) & Masters 50+ Regional Masters Categories 2, 3, 4 (40 mins)
- 14:25 Youth, Under 14 Boys and Girls (25 mins)
- 15:05 Youth A, Under 16 Boys & Girls (40 mins)
- 16:05 Senior & Junior men, 2nd & 3rd Cat Regional A (45 mins)
West Suffolk Wheelers promote a six race criterium programme in the picturesque village of Ixworth on the May Day Bank Holiday Monday. Ixworth is located 3 miles North of Bury St Edmunds on the A143. The course is on a closed road circuit which offers spectators the opportunity to see close up many of the UK’s finest riders battle out for top honours.
East Anglia’s premier day of circuit races are aimed at riders of all ages and abilities. The May Day Ixworth Cycle Races have consistently produced fast exciting racing and close finishes, often with the need for a photo to decide the places. The demanding 900m circuit, in the heart of the village of Ixworth, is good test of rider abilities. Race winners will need to have good speed, backed up by excellent bike handling skills and the desire to be the first over the line. This is very evident in the children’s races, which often produces the most competitive races and the most enthusiastic crowd of spectators and Mums & Dads.