The Club has a very active Triathlon section, with plenty going on for Adults and Juniors:
What is Triathlon?
Race distances can vary but typically range from a Sprint, a Standard and all the way up to Ironman.
- Sprint distances are typically 300-400m pool swim or 750m open water, 20-22km cycle and 5km run
- Standard or ‘Olympic’ distance is approximately double the sprint distances
- Ironman is much further. Typically a 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) bicycle ride and a marathon 26.22-mile (42.20 km) run.
- Coached Pool swimming on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday
- Open Water swimming (May – September)
- Junior and adult Coached track & swim sessions on Sunday afternoons
- Brick session training (Thursday evenings October – March)
- Running (Monday Evenings)
Click here for more details.
Friday 2nd June 2017 18:45 – Moreton Hall Health Club, Bury St Edmunds, IP32 7BL
The Aquathlon is a swim followed by a run.
- 140 meter swim in the open air pool – 20 meters x 7 lengths
- 1.73 km run on a grass field (course here)
- Registration open from 18:15 to 18:40
- Race Start time 18:45
- You must be 8 years old by the 31st December of this year. If you are aged between 8 & 18 parental consent is required
- No barefoot running. Vests/t-shirts must be worn
Entry Fee £6.00. Entry online at https://westsuffolkwheelers.org/product-category/events/
Go-Tri are short races ideal for novices to have a go at multisport races, or for the more experienced athlete to gain some race practise in a safe, less pressured and friendly environment. Go-Tri is British Triathlon recognised and registered; the events will be marshalled by members of the West Suffolk Wheelers and Triathlon club; and friendly advice will be available at all times from experienced Triathletes.
Go-Tri races are particularly suitable for juniors from 8 years old upwards, so the whole family can take part.
Fritton Lake is easily reached from Bury on the day, but also offers on site camping, B&B and self-catered lodge accommodation and the 2016 edition proved to be a great weekend away for the Wheelers triathletes and families – see the 2016 report here.
Trophies are awarded for first man & woman in each age group, to be presented at the annual club awards event.
Entry is via the British Triathlon website: https://www.britishtriathlon.org/events/Fritton-Lake-Triathlon-Weekend_7555